Speaking and Teaching
Do you need a plenary speaker, presenter, moderator, workshop leader, or teacher for your next event?
My collection of personal essays, All the Colors We Will See, revolves around themes of race, immigration, and belonging. I’d love to come to your event and speak about these themes.
I'm also passionate about topics related to the power of telling personal stories.
- Our Stories Matter: the Importance of Personal Storytelling
- Identity: Finding the Stories that Form Us
- The Basics of Compelling Personal Essays
- Elevating Your Essay Through Structure, Research, and Movement in Time
- Crafting the Personal Essay: Writing from Lived Experience
- Greater than the Sum of the Parts: Transforming Essays into a Book
- Exposing, Expanding, and Changing the Narrow Narrative: Honoring One Another as We Write Across Culture and Race
And so much more! Just ask about the possibilities.
Topics can be tailored to both large and small group settings in places as varied as classrooms, conferences, churches, and corporations.
Additionally, I love to facilitate workshops where participants identify their stories and share those stories with others.
It's amazing how Patrice touches upon the most challenging topics and teaches us how to write about them with such ease, comfort and joy, like it were an ordinary, every day task!
— Surabhi Kaushik, student
I am very impressed with Patrice’s preparation. She is a very natural teacher, and she is one of our most popular guest presenters to date.
—Pam Turner, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Library, Write Like You Mean It
This is just a small sampling of what I can bring to your next event. For additional information and rates, please email me here.
I’d love to connect with you about your event needs. I look forward to hearing from you.